Designed to seal small openings in new or existing raised floor cutouts either prior to the installation of communications or power cabling or where cabling has already been installed. Based on measurements at multiple data centers, on average 60% of valuable conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed floor openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies, and increasing infrastructure costs. KoldLok products specifically address bypass airflow and its detrimental effects on data center cooling.
- Smaller size 6” x 4” (152 x 102 mm) offers flexibility for data centers that have multiple cable opening sizes.
- Meets smaller cable opening standards specified in new data center builds.
- Cost-effective method of separating data cabling from power cabling.
- Contains no loose or partially fastened parts that can become separated or fall through the raised floor.
- The grommets are impact resistant and durable.
- Satisfies NFPA 75 Section 5-4.4 requirement by self-dressing the raw metal edges of raised floor tile cable openings.
- KoldLok products are compliant with Directive 2002/95/EC of the European Parliament and the Council on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS).
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grates Facilitates Cold Aisle/Hot Aisle best practices