Designed to seal openings in new raised floor cutouts prior to the installation of communications, power, or other cabling. In a study done by Upsite Technologies on 19 computer rooms totaling over 204,400 ft , it was found that 60% of valuable cooled air is not reaching the air intakes of IT equipment.
The KoldLok Wave™ was developed to provide the best seal against this wasted airflow.
- Sealing Effectiveness – New, patent-pending wave shaped thermoplastic elastomer offers the best sealing against bypass airflow, unsurpassed by any brush grommet on the market.
- Usable Cable Area – O ers 45.5 sq inches of usable cable area, over two and a half times that of a leading brush competitor.
- Maintenance Free – Wave shaped material seals around cables with no additional maintenance or monitoring required.
- Configuration – Split design allows edge cut tiles to be removed without capturing cables. Fire Resistant – Thermoplastic elastomer material is rated UL94 HB.
- Longevity – Durable, impact-resistant ABS frame.
- Safety Cover – An optional cover is available to ensure greater safety before rack and cable installation,
- Increases cooling unit effectiveness
- Allows for greater IT density in data centers Increases static pressure under the raised floor
- Improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grates
- Decreases humidity control expense
- Meets a prerequisite for hot aisle/cold aisle best practices and containment strategies
- Reduces the need to buy additional cooling units